- 2 1-pound store-bought pizza-dough balls
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 sleeve graham crackers, crushed (about 1 1/4 cups crumbs)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 4-ounce dark chocolate bars, broken into 1/4-inch chunks
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Form the pizza dough into two 12-to-14-inch rounds, 1/4 inch thick. Bake, preferably on a pizza stone or pizza pan, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until just beginning to brown. Leave the oven at 400 degrees F.
While the pizza crust is baking, toast the almonds in a medium dry skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer the almonds to a plate to cool.
Melt the butter in the skillet. Add the graham cracker crumbs, chili powder, cayenne and salt. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the crumbs are well coated. Remove from the heat and set aside.
For each pizza, top the crust with half of the marshmallows and scatter half of the chocolate over the marshmallows. Return to the oven for 3 to 5 minutes, until the marshmallows are puffed and lightly browned. Sprinkle the pizza with half of the graham cracker mixture and top with half of the almonds. Let rest 3 to 4 minutes, slice and serve. Repeat to make the second pizza.
Source: S’more Pizza