A quick blanching in boiling water mellows the garlic slightly.Grilled Lamb Chops with Roasted Summer Squash and Chimichurri is a must grilling dish to enjoy
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 1/2 tablespoons coarsely chopped shallots
1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
1 1/2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Dash of crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
3 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 3/4 pound)
3 medium zucchini, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 3/4 pound)
6 (5-ounce) lamb loin chops, trimmed (about 1 inch thick)
1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add garlic to pan; reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Remove garlic from water; cool. Coarsely chop garlic.
2. Place garlic, 1/2 cup parsley, 2 tablespoons oil, shallots, and next 4 ingredients (through red pepper) in a food processor; process 1 minute or until almost smooth. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; pulse 2 times.
3. Preheat oven to 450°.
4. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
5. Combine squash, zucchini, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl; toss well. Arrange squash and zucchini in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Bake at 450° for 16 minutes or until tender, turning after 8 minutes.
6. Lightly coat lamb with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Place lamb on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Divide squash and zucchini evenly among 6 plates. Top each serving with 1 lamb chop and 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley puree.